ServicesFull interdisciplinary team
To complete and project manage a chapel refurbishment.
The grade II listed Chapel of the Holy Child at Cranleigh School was built in 1869. The red brick neo-gothic Victorian chapel’s exterior has remained mainly unchanged, yet the interior has been constantly evolving over the years. dhp’s recent refurbishment of the chapel included a new light floor to brighten up the space, with the installation of a new underfloor heating system.
Owing to its listed status we had to ensure the new floor was sympathetic to the original Architect’s vision. We replaced the existing geometric quarry tiles with a modern geometric interpretation, complemented by Ancaster Hard White limestone. The overall effect of the refurbishment has increased light in the building and the full effect of the pillars can be seen for the first time in a century. Additionally the new heating system, independent from the school’s main system, keeps the chapel at an ambient temperature all year around.