Client: The Governors of St Paul's C of E Primary School / Guildford Diocese Board for Education
Project value: £1.5M
Completion: September 2001
The original school comprised separate infant and junior accommodation on a split site, much of which was housed within dilapidated 1950's buildings and a collection of ageing temporary timber classrooms. The opportunity arose to sell one site and use the proceeds, together with a DCSF grant, to amalgamate the accommodation within new and refurbished buildings on a single site.
The DHP design solution comprised careful refurbishment of the traditional Victorian accommodation, together with the provision of a significant new building to provide the necessary classrooms, hall, kitchen, ICT suite and ancillary spaces, The result is an improved learning environment to the latest standards, which is sympathetic to the conservation area.