Client: St Gregory's Catholic Primary School / Diocese of Westminster
Project value: £1,050,000
Completion: September 2008
The 1950's four classroom infant building at the school had been slowly deteriorating for several years, with inadequate foundations causing significant and progressive subsidence. DHP had been monitoring the condition, and the particularly dry summers of 2004 to 2006 accelerated the movement. In late 2006, it was decided that the building would be unsafe to occupy within two years or so; the decision to replace the building was taken.
Urgent funding was sought during the DCSF April 2007 bidding round, and by July 2007, the new building had been designed, tenders sought and planning permission obtained. By 1st September 2007, quickly procured temporary classrooms had been installed and the old building demolished.
In September 2008 pupils returned to the start of a new year in a brand new infant building to a contemporary design. The new accommodation comprises a wide social corridor; four new spacious light-filled classrooms, two group areas and ancillary accommodation.